- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MEXICO CITY — Televisa veteran Alberto Ciurana is taking his talents to Miami, where he will head up programming and content at Univision.
Bringing three decades of experience to the post, he will oversee programming for Univision’s broadcast and cable TV networks.
Ciurana has worked at Univision Networks and was chief of programming for 15 years at Televisa, Mexico’s top network.
Televisa has a long-term program license agreement in place with its stateside partner Univision, so Ciurana’s experience will prove valuable as Televisa continues to supply the U.S. Spanish-language network with the bulk of its primetime content.
Always looking to boost its presence in the fast-growing Latino market, Televisa acquired a 5 percent stake in Univision when the two media firms extended their programming pact in 2010.
Ciurana will report directly to Univision president Cesar Conde.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day