- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just two days after Zegna confirmed that Stefano Pilati would exit from his position as head of design at Ermenegildo Zegna Couture, the fashion house has found someone new to take the lead.
Zegna announced Friday that Alessandro Sartori has been appointed to the newly created position of artistic director, helming all Zegna brands and all creative functions. The Italian designer will join the company in June and report to CEO Gildo Zegna. Sartori will make his debut with the luxury label with the fall 2017 season in Milan.
“I’ve known Alessandro and his style for many years and I am extremely excited to welcome him back to our Group,” Zegna said in a statement. “His talent, creativity, passion and modernity make him the perfect fit to help us take Zegna to the next phase of its development.”
Added Sartori: “I grew up watching and admiring their creations and their authentic and deep values and I am extremely excited to write with the whole Zegna team the next chapter. I cannot wait to enter in their fabulous archives and to meet their artisans to start working on the new collections.”
Sartori is no stranger to the Zegna Group, as he previously served as creative director of Z Zegna from 2003 to 2011.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day