- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel star edged out fellow nominees Zazie Beetz (Atlanta), Aidy Bryant (Saturday Night Live), Betty Gilpin (GLOW), Leslie Jones (Saturday Night Live), Kate McKinnon (Saturday Night Live), Laurie Metcalf (Roseanne) and Megan Mullally (Will & Grace).
Borstein thanked Amazon and the show’s creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, of whom she joked, “You are my friend; I love you and I hate you.” This is the second Emmy win for the actress, who won best voiceover performance for Family Guy this year.
The comedy cleaned up during the Sept. 17 broadcast, winning in nearly every category it was nominated, including lead actress in a comedy series (Rachel Brosnahan), best comedy series and both writing and directing for a comedy series (Amy Sherman-Palladino). It was also the first time that a streaming show has won in the comedy series category, and the first series win for Amazon.
The 70th annual Primetime Emmy Awards aired live on NBC from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Saturday Night Live‘s Michael Che and Colin Jost co-hosted.