- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If you’re a fan of the former Fox castaway drama Lost, and Matthew Fox as the show’s hero-protagonist Dr. Jack Shepard, then you might be slightly taken aback by his portrayal of a serial killer in the upcoming Alex Cross thriller.
The trailer for Alex Cross, featuring Tyler Perry taking over Morgan Freeman‘s role as titular detective, shows Fox as a bald homocidal maniac named “Picasso” and described by Cross as “ex-military, special forces, judging by his tactics.” Among Picasso’s creepiest lines: “I’m fascinated … by pain.”
But Cross, heroically vowing to protect his wife, is no shrinking violet.
“I’m gonna meet him at the gates of hell before I let him take a person that I love from me,” he declares.
Directed by Rob Cohen, Alex Cross opens October 19 and also stars Ed Burns and Cicely Tyson in the continuing saga of James Patterson‘s book-to-film franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day