- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As if running his own label, acting as the creative director of Balenciaga, collaborating with H&M, and launching ready-to-wear denim weren’t enough, boy wonder Alexander Wang has decided to design furniture for Italian luxury brand Poltrona Frau.
Wang’s three-piece collection includes two brass-footed bean bag chairs (one in black shearling and the other in leather, priced at $8,800 each) and a shagreen bar cabinet ($18,500), designed in Wang’s signature minimalist-luxury aesthetic. The collection, which will be released in February, comes two years after the Italian brand initially courted Wang for the collaboration.
Furniture design seems fitting for the 30-year-old designer, who recently opened his first flagship store in New York with the help of interior designer friend Ryan Korban. “Over the last 10 years, furniture is where my interest has really evolved,” Wang told The Wall Street Journal. “When I started working in fashion, I always had an idea of an environment in my head, but how to actualize it, and what the references meant, that’s new.” Leave it to Wang to turn a dorm room staple into a must-have luxury item. Just don’t spill the bong water.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball