- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With her half-shaved head, multiple tattoos and unusually placed piercings, Dellal looks more like the BFF of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Lisbeth Salander than a Chanel model. But according to Lagerfeld, Dellal “represents the perfect incarnation of all that is unique about the Boy Chanel handbag collection, which strives [to be] far from conformist notions of femininity.”
Lagerfeld previously released a short silent film that he directed called My New Friend Boy, which also seems to pay homage to the Oscar-winning B&W film, The Artist.
Now the Summer 2012 print ads are finally here, showing Dellal holding new Boy bags, with her half-shaved head, sporting ripped, footless fishnet tights and top, with a ruffled skirt (for a ’80s Madonna feeling) and a Chanel zip-up hoodie (sans pants for that essential punky insoucience). Price of the handbag? A mere $4,500.
To see more Boy Chanel ads, click here.
So tell us: What do you think of Chanel’s brand new bag direction?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day