- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Robert Redford is alone at sea, battling cascading waves and vicious sharks in the first trailer for the survival tale All Is Lost.
Shades of Cast Away and Life of Pi are evident in the trailer, which mostly is wordless as the actor navigates treacherous waters, mends his sailboat and determines a plan for rescue. The drama is written and directed by J.C. Chandor (Margin Call).
Redford has earned early praise for his role in the drama. The Hollywood Reporter‘s chief film critic, Todd McCarthy, who called the plot “Hemingwayesque,” found of the actor’s performance: “Redford, who can’t avoid exuding charisma, plays this role with utter naturalism and lack of histrionics or self-regard.”
The film debuted at Cannes in May and will hit theaters Oct. 18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Last of Us
Bella Ramsey Says They’re Worried Pedro Pascal’s “Daddy” Narrative Has “Gone Too Far”
Taika Waititi, Eva Longoria and Niecy Nash-Betts Talk Leading the Diversity Charge at The Hollywood Reporter’s Raising Our Voices Luncheon
Tallulah Willis Opens Up About Coping With Father Bruce Willis’ Dementia, Says She’s “Known Something Was Wrong for a Long Time”
Sharon Stone Discusses Challenges With Getting Work Since Her Stroke, Rails Against “Anti-Woke Bullsh**” at THR’s Raising Our Voices Event