- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Allie MacDonald has landed one of the lead roles in the horror musical Stage Fright, alongside Douglas Smith and Michael Lee Aday, who’s also known as Meat Loaf.
Serendipity Point Films is producing. The writer and director is Jerome Sable, whose short film, The Legend of Beaver Dam, which also combined horror and comedy, played the Midnight Madness section of the Toronto International Film Festival in 2010.
Stage Fright, which begins filming outside Toronto in September, is set in a snobby musical theater camp that is being terrorized by a masked killer who hates musicals. It will be the second Canadian musical for MacDonald, who also appeared in Score: A Hockey Musical, which opened the Toronto festival in 2010.
MacDonald’s upcoming films include the horror movies The Barrens, starring Stephen Moyer, and The House at the End of the Street, starring Jennifer Lawrence.
MacDonald, repped by the Kohner Agency, OAZ and Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management, also has booked guest roles on the Syfy series Alphas and Hours.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day