- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Allison Janney has signed on to join Margot Robbie in the Tonya Harding film I, Tonya.
The film centers on infamous figure skater Harding (Robbie), who was at the center of a huge sports scandal at the 1994 U.S. Figure Skating Championships. There, Harding’s husband Jeff Gillooly and a bodyguard hired a man to break the leg of her main competitor, Nancy Kerrigan.
Sebastian Stan is attached to play Gillooly, and Janney will portray LaVona, Harding’s mother.
Craig Gillespie is directing the film, which Miramax will distribute. The script recently made the 2016 Black List.
Robbie is producing I, Tonya under her LuckyChap Entertainment banner with Tom Ackerley. Bryan Unkeless and Steven Rogers, who also wrote the screenplay, will also produce.
Janney, who was recently seen in The Girl on the Train, stars on the CBS series Mom. She is repped by Gersh, Thruline and Nelson Davis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day