- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It seems The Bachelor is responsible for a successful relationship that happened off-camera. Girls star Allison Williams just revealed that not only did she and her husband, Ricky Van Veen, meet while watching the show, but it’s also an adorable part of their engagement story.
Williams, who was married last September wearing Oscar de la Renta, appeared as a guest on Bachelor Live and told host Chris Harrison, “I would not be married to my husband if it weren’t for this show. We went to a weekly viewing party every week, and it was like a big group date, but with both genders equally distributed…it was how we met up.”
Apparently CollegeHumor cofounder Van Veen decided there was no better place to propose than the place that started it all. It went down in early 2014. Williams revealed that the group always watched the show on the couch at her friend’s house. “And that’s where Ricky proposed to me, was on Lee Eisenberg’s couch,” she shared. She didn’t say whether there was a red rose involved, but it would only be right.
A photo posted by Allison Williams (@aw) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day