- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amanda Seyfried is set to star alongside Clive Owen in Anon, a sci-fi movie from BAFTA-winning and Oscar-nominated New Zealand writer/director Andrew Niccol.
Announced Tuesday by the film’s producers Oliver Simon and Daniel Baur of K5 Media Group, Seyfried’s casting reunites the actress with Niccol, who directed 2011’s dystopian thriller In Time, in which she starred with Justin Timberlake.
Set in a future world with no privacy, ignorance or anonymity, Anon will have Owen play a detective who meets a young woman (Seyfried) who has no digital footprint and is invisible to the police, a discovery he realizes might not signify the end of crime but the beginning.
“Amanda is a wonderfully talented actor who we know will relish the complex and fast-moving pace of Andrew’s story,” said Simon and Baur. “We’re very excited to have her join the team.”
Most recently seen in Pan and Ted 2, Seyfried is also set to appear in the upcoming Twin Peaks revival.
K5 is financing Anon, which Niccol is also producing. CAA, which arranged the financing, is repping domestic sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day