- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amanda Seyfried has signed a deal to star in He’s F—ing Perfect, a comedy being produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay and their Gary Sanchez Productions banner alongside Good Universe.
Jake Szymanski, who has helmed many Funny or Die skits, is attached to direct.
Perfect is the story of one woman, pessimistic in love, who regularly uses the Internet to research the men her friends are dating, acting as a vetting device for them to weed out losers. Things take a turn when she gets a friend to dump a new guy in order to steal the man for herself, using her social media savvy to turn herself into his perfect match.
Fox 2000 initially picked up the script, written by McKay’s former assistant Lauryn Kahn, in a $1 million deal in late 2011. Emma Stone had been circling the project at the time but is not currently involved. Universal picked it up out of turnaround in June.
Seyfried played Cosette in Les Miserables, which Universal financed and distributed, and starred as Linda Lovelace in Lovelace. She just wrapped a turn in Seth McFarlane’s latest feature comedy, A Million Ways to Die in the West.
She is repped by Innovative.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day