- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meghan Trainor and Charlie Puth both have enjoyed huge, breakout success in the past two years, each landing their first No. 1 on the Hot 100, and the two joined forces for a medley of Trainor’s platinum single “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” and the duo’s “Marvin Gaye” at tonight’s 2015 American Music Awards.
Taking the stage alone in front of a simulated rain-soaked background, Trainor delivered her understated ballad with a confidence that grew exponentially before the curtain behind her rose to reveal Puth and his four-person backing band. As he launched into “Marvin Gaye,” Trainor sauntered out after a quick outfit change to join the singer by his signature piano.
And then, the shocker: As the duo finished the song, they went in for a kiss that turned into an extended make-out session as the crowd looked on.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day