- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mariah Carey returned to the American Music Awards stage on Tuesday night to give the debut performance of “With You,” the first single from her upcoming album.
The number began with the singer standing on a pink platform, which appeared to be part of her pink gown, that was reminiscent of a cloud. Carey stood alone onstage as she sang the opening of the love song before a number of topless male dancers popped out of the pink platform, which then expanded across the stage.
Carey remained in one place throughout the entirety of the tune as her backup dancers slowly danced their way around her.
The performance concluded with Carey blowing a kiss to the audience. Her last performance at the AMAs was of the song “I Stay in Love” in 2008. She has won 21 AMAs throughout her career.
Tracee Ellis Ross served as the host of the 2018 American Music Awards. The fan-voted kudocast aired live on ABC from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the hollywood reporter