- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon Prime has picked up worldwide rights for the first two seasons of Israeli hit comedy The Baker and the Beauty.
Amazon will stream the series on its premium online service in more than 200 territories worldwide. Amazon licensed the first two, 20-episode seasons of the show from Keshet International, which is handling worldwide sales for the series.
Financial terms weren’t disclosed. The global Amazon deal was brokered on behalf of Keshet International by senior sales manager Rose Hughes.
Assi Azar created The Baker and the Beauty for Keshet Broadcasting. A local ratings hit, the series has also been successfully adapted for the Dutch market, airing on Net 5 in the Netherlands.
The series follows “an impossible love story” between a simple baker and the country’s most famous “It Girl” — the beautiful daughter of an Israeli hotel magnate who is also a top model and, until her fateful meeting with the baker, half of a Hollywood power couple. Season 2 of The Baker and the Beauty is currently airing in Israel.
Amazon previously picked up Keshet series The A Word for its U.S. streaming service.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day