- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Amazon.com said Monday that Black Friday was its best ever for its Kindle products as the Kindle Fire tablet, launched on Sept. 28, remained the best-selling product on the e-tailer’s site for the eighth week running.
Overall, Kindle sales increased fourfold over last year, Amazon said, but it didn’t disclose the number of units sold.
“Even before the busy holiday shopping weekend, we’d already sold millions of the new Kindle family, and Kindle Fire was the bestselling product across all of Amazon.com,” said Dave Limp, vp, Amazon Kindle. “In addition, we’re seeing a lot of customers buying multiple Kindles – one for themselves and others as gifts. We expect this trend to continue on Cyber Monday and through the holiday shopping season.”
Kindle Fire offers more than 18 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, magazines, apps and games. It provides access to such online video sites as Netflix and Hulu.