- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amazon picked up worldwide rights to the buzzed-about comedy for $14 million as it bowed at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. Brittany Runs a Marathon sees Bell play a woman looking to turn her life around by losing weight and training for a marathon.
The movie also stars Michaela Watkins, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Lil Rel Howery, Micah Stock and Alice Lee.
Producer credits are shared by Matthew Plouffe, Tobey Maguire and Margot Hand, while Richard Weinberg, Bell and Downs Colaizzo executive produced.
Award-winning playwright Downs Colaizzo makes his directorial debut with Brittany Runs a Marathon.
Amazon Studios earlier said it will release Nisha Ganatra’s Late Night, written and produced by and starring Mindy Kaling, in theaters June 7, while Nanfu Wang and Jialing Zhang’s One Child Nation is set to bow in select theaters Aug. 9.
The streamer’s other upcoming titles include Ritesh Batra’s Photograph; Scott Z. Burns’ The Report, starring Adam Driver, Annette Bening and Jon Hamm; and Tom Harper’s The Aeronauts, starring Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day