- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – European streaming video service LoveFilm, owned by Amazon.com, has inked a multi-year licensing deal with CBS Corp.’s CBS Studios International to help expand the TV content available on its online service.
Financial details weren’t disclosed.
STORY: Netflix Renews ‘Hemlock Grove’ for Second Season
The deal will allow U.K. and German subscribers of LoveFilm, which competes with Netflix, to stream U.S. television series from CBS and Showtime. The shows available in the U.K. and/or Germany include CBS series The Good Wife and Blue Bloods and such Showtime hits as Nurse Jackie, Californication and Dexter.
The deal between LoveFilm and CBS is also big news for Star Trek fans of all ages, with the original 1960s series and Star Trek Voyager available on the streaming service.
STORY: Netflix to Launch in Netherlands Later This Year
The LoveFilm Instant service is available on various devices, including PCs, Macs, the Nintendo Wii and Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire and Apple iPad.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day