- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – Amazon’s streaming video service LoveFilm has inked a deal with Scripps Networks Interactive to bring a range of food and lifestyle-focused TV content from Food Network and Travel Channel to U.K. subscribers.
LoveFilm’s U.K. members will be able to stream myriad foodie shows, including the Emmy-award-winning Barefoot Contessa, competitive food show Man v. Food Nation featuring “gastronomic gladiator” Adam Richman and other shows, such as Restaurant: Impossible, House Hunters International and Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.
The deal marks LoveFIlm Instant’s first foray into the cooking and lifestyle genre.
It follows hot on the heels of the first online-only subscription distribution deal for Scripps Networks Interactive in the U.S. earlier this year with Amazon.com.
LoveFIlm chief marketing officer Simon Morris said, “There is no doubt that we [in the U.K.] are a nation of foodies, and it’s great that this deal will enable us to meet increasing viewer demands for this particular type of content.”
Kate Bradshaw, vp digital U.K./EMEA for Scripps Networks, added: “We’re pleased to be partnering with LoveFilm Instant to provide consumers another platform to engage with some of our best-loved shows, wherever and whenever they want.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day