- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – VOD operator LoveFilm, owned by Amazon, has inked a deal with Disney to stream movies including Disney Pixar’s Wall-E and the animated classic Lady and the Tramp to U.K. audiences on a branded on-demand service.
Disney Movies on Demand on LoveFilm Instant builds on the existing content relationship between Disney and LoveFilm.
Current LoveFilm subscribers will be offered Disney Movies on Demand’s collection for no extra cost as part of their existing subscription, Amazon said.
Titles also include Ratatouille, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Dumbo, Sword in the Stone and Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
LoveFilm Instant is available on devices including PC, Mac or via Nintendo Wii and Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire and Apple iPad, among others. The service is seen as a direct competitor with Netflix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day