- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress will appear with the first installment’s cast of Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello and Alex Pettyfer (though not Matthew McConaughey). Gabriel Iglesias is also returning to the ensemble.
Magic Mike XXL, which began production several weeks ago, follows the lives of a group of male strippers. Gregory Jacobs is directing from a script co-written by Tatum and Reid Carolin, who penned the first installment. The first film’s director Steven Soderbergh is returning as editor and cinematographer (though under his pseudonyms Mary Ann Bernard and Peter Andrews, respectively).
Carolin and Tatum are producing under their Iron Horse banner alongside Jacobs and Nick Weschler. The film is set for a July 1, 2015 release.
Heard will next be seen in London Fields with Billy Bob Thornton, The Adderall Diaries with James Franco and When I Live My Life Over Again with Christopher Walken. She’s repped by WME and Karl Austen at Jackoway Tyerman.
The Wrap first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day