- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Italian production and finance group AMBI Pictures has launched an international sales arm to handle world sales for its in-house productions. The sales division kicks off with Sights of Death, a sci-fi actioner directed by Alessandro Capone and starring Danny Glover, Daryl Hannah and Rutger Hauer.
AMBI, headed by Monika Bacardi and Andrea Iervolino, said it plans to push future productions through its new sales division. The company recently boarded the Philip Roth adaptation The Humbling, which Barry Levinson is attached to direct and has Al Pacino and Greta Gerwig attached to star, and which is being sold worldwide by Millennium Films.
AMBI’s ambitious plans are to finance and produce 6-8 feature films per year of varying budget levels. Announced projects include the dramedy Tre Tocchi from Italian director Marco Risi (Fortapasc) and the romcom Devil Make Care from Gabriela Tagliavini (Without Men).
Iervolino, a producer and distributor, set up Italian distribution operation AI Entertainment in 2011, which handles select AMBI projects. Entrepreneur Bacardi is the widow of drinks magnate Lord Luis Bacardi. The pair set up AMBI Pictures late last year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day