- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
American Honey breakout star Sasha Lane has joined the cast of Shotgun, which will star Maika Monroe (It Follows, Independence Day: Resurgence) and Jeremy Allen White (Showtime’s Shameless).
The film, the directorial debut of Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency star Hannah Marks and Joey Power, is based on the duo’s original screenplay. Described as a unique romance blending heartfelt drama with offbeat comedy, Shotgun follows Elliot (White) and Mia (Monroe) as they develop a fast relationship after one of them is diagnosed with a life-changing illness.
Yale Productions’ Jordan Yale Levine, Jordan Beckerman and Michael J. Rothstein are producing, while Sean Glover and Wei Wang of WYSJ Media serve as producer and executive producer, respectively. Production is slated for later in April. The Exchange is handling sales on the project.
Lane was an indie breakout for her starring role in A24’s drama American Honey, winner of the 2016 Cannes Film Festival Jury Prize. She starred opposite Shia LaBeouf and Riley Keough in Andrea Arnold’s film. She will also star in director Desiree Akhavan’s next film, The Miseducation of Cameron Post, opposite Chloe Grace Moretz and John Gallagher Jr.
She’s represented by Gersh, The Long Run and attorney Andre Des Rochers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day