- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
That’s the same day Warner Bros. Pictures’ expands American Sniper nationwide from a limited release. The distribution deal with Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures marks the first collaboration for Imax with American Sniper director Clint Eastwood.
“Mr. Eastwood has created an incredibly intense and emotional film that deserves to be experienced in the most breathtaking way,” said Dan Fellman, president domestic distribution at Warner Bros. in a statement on Thursday. Eastwood’s war drama, which is drumming up award-season buzz, sees Cooper play real-life Navy SEAL and battlefield marksman Chris Kyle.
Sienna Miller, Luke Grimes and Sammy Sheik also star. Eastwood directed the film from a screenplay by Jason Hall that is based on the book by Kyle, with Scott McEwen and Jim DeFelice. The film is produced by Eastwood, Robert Lorenz, Andrew Lazar, Cooper and Peter Morgan.
Tim Moore, Hall, Sheroum Kim, Steve Mnuchin and Bruce Berman share the executive producer credits.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek