- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One day after America’s Got Talent standout Michael Ketterer came in fifth place during the singing competition’s finale, the singer was arrested in Los Angeles on a domestic violence charge.
According to TMZ, Ketterer was taken into custody Thursday after police were called during a fight with his wife in their Hollywood hotel room. When authorities arrived, they noticed a red mark on his wife, but the singer later noted to the outlet that the whole situation was a “misunderstanding.”
Ketterer was released after posting $50,000 bail.
On Wednesday, Ketterer performed “The Courage to Love,” a song written for him by country superstar Garth Brooks. Brooks also invited him to sing at his Notre Dame Stadium concert on Oct. 20.
The AGT finalist has yet to publicly speak on the incident.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day