- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Justin Bieber isn’t the only teen sensation set to release a holiday album this year.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that former America’s Got Talent contestant Jackie Evancho will release a Christmas album, due to hit stores this holiday season. The 11-year-old previously debuted her first major EP, titled O Holy Night, in Nov. of 2010. It was a platinum seller in the U.S. and moved more than 3 million copies worldwide. According to an insider, its success prompted Evancho’s label, Syco/Columbia, to put into action an immediate follow-up plan.
Earlier this year, the pint-sized soprano released the full-length Dream with Me, featuring a variety of arias, show tunes and pop classics produced by David Foster. For her non-seasonal debut, Evancho landed duets with Barbra Streisand and Susan Boyle, who coincidentally rose to fame on Britain’s Got Talent.
Evancho’s new holiday collection is set to be produced by Rob Mounsey, who has worked with the likes of Tony Bennett, Aretha Franklin and Billy Joel and currently serves as musical director for Glee regular Idina Menzel.
The Pittsburgh native appeared on Season 5 of America’s Got Talent, finishing the competition in second place.
A rep for the singer could not be reached for comment or confirmation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day