- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
America’s Most Wanted has already planned a second Ronni Chasen episode, to air Saturday, Dec. 11 at 9 p.m. ET.
A tip from the Fox show led police to Harold Smith, whose gun was matched to the crime. Police told The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday that Smith — who killed himself as police served a warrant on his seedy Hollywood apartment building — acted alone.
Said the network in a statement, “America’s Most Wanted has once again proven that one person can make a difference.” RELATED: All the latest updates in the Ronni Chasen case.
After the legendary publicist’s Nov. 16 murder in Beverly Hills, “The Hollywood community reached out to AMW and host John Walsh to help find Chasen’s killer,” added the statement. “AMW immediately began working closely with the Beverly Hills Police Department (BHPD), and profiled the case on its November 20 broadcast.”
Said Walsh, “I’m very proud that this loyal AMW viewer had the guts to call our hotline to help solve this case. After 23 years on the air, it reconfirms my belief that an average person can make a difference. It’s my hope that the Chasen family will now have some answers.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day