- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amityville: The Awakening is losing its prime summer release date at the 11th hour.
The Weinstein Co./Dimension Films announced Wednesday that the horror movie will no longer hit theaters on June 30.
Dimension partnered with Blumhouse Productions on The Awakening, which stars Bella Thorne, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Cameron Monaghan, Thomas Mann and Kurtwood Smith.
The story follows a young girl who moves into a new home with her single mother and comatose young brother, who makes a miraculous recovery as other strange phenomena occur.
The umpteenth installment in the classic horror franchise, Amityville: The Awakening has been pushed back numerous times. The pic, directed by Franck Khalfoun, was first supposed to be released in January 2015. It was subsequently moved to April of this year before relocating to Jan. 6, and then to June.
No new release date has been announced.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day