- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eastwood’s longtime producer partner Robert Lorenz is making his directorial debut on the picture, which centers on an aging baseball scout (Eastwood) who goes on a road trip to search for new talent while trying to save his relationship with his adult daughter, a rising attorney who is on the verge of being promoted to partner.
Randy Brown wrote the script.
Sources say Adams has not indicated whether she is interested or whether her schedule will work with Team Eastwood’s planned shoot. Other names that have been thrown around in connection with the project were Sandra Bullock and Reese Witherspoon, but Adams is the choice, say sources.
A three-time Oscar nominee (most recently for 2010’s The Fighter), Adams is about to hit screens in Disney’s The Muppets and is currently shooting Warners’ Man of Steel. She is repped by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sarah Schechter is overseeing for the studio. Michele Weissler, who brought the project into Malpaso, will be involved in a producer capacity.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day