- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
True story centers on con artist Mel Weinberg who worked with the FBI in a far-reaching corruption case that stretched from Atlantic City to Washington, D.C. Project would have marked a reunion for The Fighter‘s Adams, Russell and Christian Bale, but Bale dropped out this week.
Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner have already boarded the project, which is being financed by Megan Ellison‘s Annapurna Pictures. Eric Singer (The International) penned the script.
Adams will play Maxine “Max” Gardner, mistress and co-conspirator of Weinberg (Cooper). Renner is tackling the ambitious FBI agent role.
Charles Roven and Richard Suckle of Atlas Entertainment are producing along with Ellison and Annapurna’s Ted Schipper.
Columbia Pictures is distributing in the U.S., while Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions is handling in some international territories.
Adams, who is currently onstage doing Shakespeare in the Park’s Into the Woods, just wrapped production on an untitled Spike Jonze film.
She scored one her three Oscar nominations with her previous Russell collaboration, a supporting mention for The Fighter. Her upcoming credits include The Master and Trouble With a Curve and Man of Steel.
She is repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Jason Sloane.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day