- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With a nod to the Alfred Hitchcock classic Rear Window, the source book, written by A.J. Finn, told of a child psychologist with severe agoraphobia (and a penchant for mixing alcohol with her medication) who hasn’t left her house in months. The woman witnesses a horrible crime involving a new neighboring family but no one, including the police, will believe her. And she has doubts herself.
The Woman in the Window is one of the breakout publishing stories of 2018, having debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list and remaining the biggest-selling adult fiction title of the year to date with more than 1 million copies sold in the U.S. The novel is currently published in 38 languages.
Tracy Letts penned the adaptation, and Scott Rudin and Eli Bush are producing the pic.
Adams, whose last big-screen appearance was as Lois Lane in Justice League, will next appear in HBO’s prestige limited series Sharp Objects. She also will star as Lynne Cheney in Adam’s McKay’s upcoming Dick Cheney biopic with Christian Bale. Adams is repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day