- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“This morning, in an attempt to release breaking news as announced, ABC Digital briefly posted inaccurate nomination information on the Oscar.com website,” reads a statement from ABC. “The nominees announced by the Academy on Twitter were accurate. ABC quickly identified and corrected the errors. We apologize to the Academy, press and fans for any confusion.”
Sources say Adams wasn’t aware she’d been listed as a nominee until after the mistake was corrected.
Jezebel was first to report on the Adams mistake, with a screengrab of ABC’s mobile site in which “Amy Adams, Arrival” replaced “Ruth Negga, Loving” in the best actress category. Hanks was added to the best actor category for his role in Sully.
Both Adams’ and Hanks’ lack of nomination were seen as snubs, as they had been expected to be nominated. Adams was trending on Twitter with disappointed fans reacting to the news.
Pamela McClintock contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball