- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pitch Perfect director Jason Moore will helm the project, which is based on an original idea by Paula Pell, who wrote the screenplay.
The script tells of adult sisters (Fey and Poehler) who decide to throw one last massive party in their parents’ house before it’s sold, and in the process they learn to mature.
Fey will produce through her Little Stranger Inc. banner alongside Jay Roach and his Everyman Pictures.
Poehler will also executive produce.
Fey and Poehler are longtime friends and colleagues. They worked together on Saturday Night Live, where they were co-anchors of Weekend Update. They also hosted the 71st annual Golden Globes.
The Nest will be the pair’s second movie together after the 2008 comedy Baby Mama. Universal also distributed that movie, which made $60 million domestically.
Poehler is repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day