- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amy Poehler is in negotiations to star with Will Ferrell in The House, New Line’s comedy written by Neighbors writers Andrew J. Cohen and Brendan O’Brien.
Cohen is directing with Ferrell producing with Adam McKay via their Gary Sanchez banner. Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake of Good Universe are also producing. O’Brien is also producing.
The story centers on a married couple who lose their daughter’s college fund. They team up with their neighbors to start an illegal casino in the basement of their suburban house to earn back the cash.
In the two hander, Poehler will play Ferrell’s wife, worried about losing her daughter when she goes off to college.
The movie is eyeing an August production start in Los Angeles.
Richard Brener, Sam Brown and Michael Disco are overseeing for New Line.
Poehler recently wrapped production on Sisters, a Universal comedy that reteams her with Tina Fey. She portrays the emotion of Joy in Pixar’s much-anticipated Inside Out, the animated comedy being praised as one of Pixar’s finest.
Poehler is also a triple threat, acting as an exec producer on Comedy Central’s hit Broad City and Hulu’s upcoming Difficult People.
Poehler is repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day