- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An Atlanta warehouse containing the production offices for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, currently filming, has been broken into and robbed of more than $300,000 of electrical equipment, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
The burglary occurred Dec. 27, according to police, when the building being rented by Paramount Worldwide Productions for filming of the hugely anticipated sequel to 2004’s Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was forcefully entered through a rear garage door.
The thieves then pulled out $300,000 in wiring and four computers from the building. The burglary was one of several recent break-ins in the area, and there was no indication the production was directly targeted.
A sign posted on the door advertises a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, the Journal-Constitution reports. A man who answered the phone number on the sign refused to comment on the case.
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues stars original castmembers Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carell, as well as some new faces including Kristen Wiig.
The movie is due in theaters Dec. 20, 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day