- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Ron Burgundy is joining TSN in December, the Canadian cable sports channel said Friday.
Burgundy, or Will Ferrell in character, will be the newest addition to the TSN broadcast team, with details to be unveiled Sunday night when the network airs the 101st Grey Cup championship game.
“This is going to end terribly,” said Ferrell’s Burgundy in a statement Friday of his latest TV gig, or publicity stunt, coming as it does before Paramount Pictures releases Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues on December 20.
“When he is not making models of eighteenth-century sailing ships, he can often be found on the deck of his own boat, The Shining M’Lady, or supervising archaeological digs in and around his backyard,” TSN said Friday about Burgundy.
Ferrell earlier this week as Burgundy serenaded embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford on Conan O’Brien’s late-night show.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day