- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Days before Andrew Jenks’ World of Jenks returns to MTV, the 26-year-old is giving fans an inside look at his process with his new book, Andrew Jenks: My Adventures as a Young Filmmaker.
“It’s sort of a behind-the-scenes look at how all these projects came to be,” Jenks tells The Hollywood Reporter of the photo-biography, released March 1 via Scholastic. “It has a ton of photos and I’m a bit of a hoarder, I suppose, so I save everything. It was easier to make a book in that sense.”
PHOTOS: MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet: Best and Worst
Among the memorabilia included in the book are photos and ticket stubs from his early projects, including Andrew Jenks, Room 335 and The Zen of Bobby V.
“I wanted to include things that I thought was unique to my story and was very interesting,” says Jenks. “Those were my two things. What is different about what I’ve done? … And what makes it dynamic or layered or unique that I think people will find interesting.”
World of Jenks, the MTV reality series in which Jenks highlights young people from all walks of life, returns Monday for the first time since 2010. This season, he’ll co-habit with three individuals over the course of the year as they face various struggles in their day-to-day lives.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day