- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The story, from Bradley Trevor Greive and photographer Cameron Bloom, is set on Sydney’s northern beaches and follows a young family struggling to come to terms with a near-fatal accident that left their mother, Sam Bloom (Watts), paralyzed. As they learn to adjust to her new situation, an unlikely ally enters their lives in the form of an injured Magpie chick. The family dubs her “Penguin.”
Lincoln will portray Cameron Bloom, who is the husband of Sam Bloom.
Glendyn Ivin will direct from a script by Shaun Grant and Harry Cripps. Watts will produce alongside Emma Cooper and Made Up Stories’ Bruna Papandrea, Jodi Matterson and Steve Hutensky.
Production is set to begin in Sydney, Australia, at the beginning of August.
Said the producers, “We were all captivated by this heartwarming story of resilience, the power of family and hope. We’re thrilled to have the supremely talented Andrew Lincoln on board to bring the Bloom’s story to audiences around the world.”
Lincoln, who will return as his beloved Walking Dead character, Rick Grimes, in an upcoming theatrical release, is repped by CAA and the U.K.’s Markham Froggatt as well as Jackoway Austen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day