- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Current star Neil Patrick Harris, who won a Tony on Sunday for best actor in a musical for the title role of a transgender East Berlin rocker with a botched sex-change surgery, will play his final performance in the cult musical on Aug. 17.
In addition to the award for Harris, the show won Tonys for best musical revival, featured actress Lena Hall and lighting designer Kevin Adams.
Rannells has previously appeared on Broadway in the musicals Hairspray, Jersey Boys and in the original cast of The Book of Mormon, which earned him a Tony nomination for lead actor.
He also was seen on Ryan Murphy‘s now-defunct NBC sitcom The New Normal, and has a recurring role on HBO’s Girls.
Produced by David Binder, the show has been doing sellout business, grossing $9.2 million to date. Rannells is scheduled to appear in the production through Oct. 12.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day