- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A son flees a fight between his mother and father in the trailer for Loveless (Nelyubov), debuted exclusively by The Hollywood Reporter.
The Sony Pictures Classics release revolves around Zhenya (Maryana Spivak) and Boris (Alexey Rozin), who are going through a vicious divorce marked by resentment, frustration and recriminations. Already embarking on new lives, each with a new partner, they are impatient to start again, to turn the page — even if it means threatening to abandon their 12-year-old son, Alyosha (Matvey Novikov), who, after witnessing one of their fights, disappears.
Directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev (Leviathan), the tense drama is Russia’s foreign-language film Oscar submission. It debuted earlier this year at the Cannes Film Festival, where it won the jury prize. THR‘s review called the film “devastating” and “finely layered,” as “Zvyagintsev once again demonstrates his remarkable gift for creating perfectly formed dramatic microcosms that illustrate the bred-in-the-bone pathologies of Russian society.”
Loveless is set to be released Feb. 16 in the U.S.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day