- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actor Andy Samberg will host the Spirit Awards, Film Independent announced Tuesday. Also, longtime executive producer Diana Zahn-Storey is returning for her 18th show.
The 28th annual event will be held Feb. 23 in Santa Monica and broadcast later that evening at 10 p.m. on IFC.
“Andy Samberg is an amazing comedian, just as offbeat as IFC,” said IFC president & GM Jennifer Caserta. “We?re thrilled that he?s hosting this year?s Spirit Awards. This is a real treat for our viewers.”
A veteran of Saturday Night Live, Samberg appeared in 2012’s Celeste and Jesse Forever, which earned a Spirit nomination. His other credits include voice acting in Hotel Transylvania and starring in That?s My Boy opposite Adam Sandler and in the BBC Three sitcom Cuckoo.
Wes Anderson‘s Moonrise Kingdom and David O. Russell’s Silver Linings Playbook lead the field with five nominations each. They will compete for the best feature award alongside Beasts of the Southern Wild, Bernie and Keep the Lights On. See a complete list of nominees here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day