- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Sorry, Kim Kardashian, but when it comes to selfies, Andy Warhol was the original master.
Read more Cameron Silver’s New Gig is Revealed
A collection of Warhol’s 1960s-era Polaroid selfies, including a series of the artist in drag, will be up for auction tomorrow morning during Sotheby’s Contemporary Art Day Auction hosted on eBay. Also up for sale is a set of the artist’s portraits of Liza Minnelli, Diana Ross, Jerry Hall and Bianca Jagger.
The set of 12 Warhol selfies is expected to rake in between $250,000 and $350,000, while the set of six drag selfies are estimated to sell between $70,000 and $90,000. The collection of four celebrity portraits is expected to go for anywhere between $40,000 and $60,000. However, given the art market’s upswing and the record breaking $179 million sale of a Picasso painting on Monday, the works could go for even more. (Just a bit pricier than Kardashian’s $12 selfie collection.)
The Contemporary Art Day Auction has a total of 404 pieces listed, including more works by the late pop-art legend (including acrylic portraits of Dorothy Blau), as well as originals by Keith Haring, Robert Indiana and Jeff Koons.
Read more H&M to Launch Huge Cosmetics Line
A live-stream of the real-time online bidding will begin at 9:30 a.m. ET on Wednesday morning here. Good luck, ya’ll.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day