- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Africa’s only 24-hour comedy channel, based in Johannesburg, will debut Anger Management on September 24, before airing on Monday nights two episodes of Sheens’ comeback sitcom after Two and a Half Men.
The African deal follows Lionsgate division Debmar Mercury selling an initial ten episodes of the sitcom to FX, before the U.S. cable channel recently ordered another 90 episodes.
Lionsgate International has also sold Anger Management to Canada, Latin America, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Poland.
“We believe that Comedy Central is the perfect home for Anger Management in Africa, and we’re delighted to continue building the show’s momentum around the world,” said Lionsgate International Television general manager Peter Iacono, who will also be shopping the comedy to yet more foreign buyers at MIPCOM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day