- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Melissa McCarthy has found her daughter.
Animal Kingdom star Molly Gordon has been cast as McCarthy’s progeny in Life of the Party, the New Line comedy that is being directed by McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone.
Plot details are being kept on lockdown, but it is being described as in the vein of the Rodney Dangerfield hit college comedy Back to School, which told of a man joining his son at college. Gillian Jacobs is already cast as a sorority sister.
Filming is due to begin August in Atlanta with an eye toward a May 11, 2018, release.
McCarthy and Falcone wrote the script and are producing the project with Chris Henchy (Daddy’s Home).
Gordon made her acting debut with the drama I Am Sam in which she starred opposite Sean Penn and Michelle Pfeiffer. She can currently be seen on Animal Kingdom, which airs on TNT and recently got picked up for a second season. She has appeared in Meg Ryan’s directorial debut, Ithaca, and CBS Films’ Love the Coopers.
She is repped by UTA and The Burstein Company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day