- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ann McGregor, the mother of Cory Monteith, has reportedly deflected criticism of a special Emmy tribute for the late Glee actor.
While her son was chosen for a special remembrance, television personalities such as The Odd Couple‘s Jack Klugman and Dallas‘ Larry Hagman were not.
She told TMZ that if Monteith “had lived 30 more years he would have accomplished much more.” McGregor’s comments arrived after Klugman’s son, Adam, had sharp words to say about the omission of his father in the tribute.
Klugman had voiced his displeasure for the selections Saturday, a day before the telecast. “I don’t mean to say anything disparaging about Cory, but he was a kid who had won no Emmys and it was a self-induced tragedy,” the son of The Odd Couple star told the Associated Press.
The Emmys are set to include a special remembrance section, featuring tributes to Monteith, James Gandolfini, Gary David Goldberg, Jean Stapleton and Jonathan Winters. A tribute reel will include other personalities.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day