- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Playing Star Wars: Battlefront is like being killed by Darth Vader — or, at least, that’s the analogy shown in the latest trailer for the videogame, which includes a cameo from Anna Kendrick, delivering one of the most famous lines from George Lucas’ original 1977 movie.
Technically, it’s not actually the being killed part that the trailer recreates, but Obi-Wan Kenobi’s iconic disappearance from the first Star Wars after being struck down by Darth Vader’s lightsaber; although he is technically dead, he lives on as a “Force Ghost,” dispensing advice to Luke Skywalker for the next couple of movies when necessary.
Kendrick’s appearance explicitly references Kenobi’s death in Star Wars, with the actress getting the chance to offer her version of Kenobi’s last line in the movie before she herself disappears, leaving behind her clothes and an uneaten sandwich. Somehow, “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine,” doesn’t sound quite so impressive when delivered using a bread knife instead of a lightsaber, however …
Star Wars Battlefront will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Nov. 17. Watch the new trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day