- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Anna Kendrick is in negotiations to star in Pitch Perfect, the Gold Circle romantic comedy set in the world of collegiate a cappella groups. Universal is distributing.
The project will be directed by Jason Moore (Avenue Q) and is based on the nonfiction book written by GQ magazine’s Mickey Rapkin.
Rebel Wilson, one of the breakouts of Bridesmaids, is already cast in the project, which revolves around a goth-like and rebellious student (Kendrick), unhappy to be at a school at which her father is a professor, who discovers her voice and becomes the secret weapon for the school’s female a cappella group.
The modestly-budgeted pic is to being shooting this fall in New Orleans. Sources caution that Kendrick’s deal is still in the early stages.
The role could serve a nice 180 for Kendrick, who has made a name for herself playing self-assured Type A personalities. She was nominated for an Oscar for her performance in Up In the Air, played the high-achieving human best friend of Bella in the Twilight movies and was last seen as the goal-oriented sister of Scott Pilgrim in Scott Pilgrim vs the World.
The CAA-repped actress next appears with in 50/50 with Joseph Godron-Levitt and Seth Rogen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day