- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Anna Kournikova will not be returning for next season of NBC’s The Biggest Loser, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
PHOTOS: 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards
Kournikova was hired by NBC to host and act as trainer on season 12 of the reality weight loss series, following Jillian Michael‘s exit. It seemed like a great idea at the time: she’s attractive, camera friendly and a major athlete. But staffers say they clashed with her, and some of the contestants found her a bit brash. Whereas Michaels was soothing, encouraging and even uplifting, Kournikova did not sympathize with her overweight contestants, often telling them about her own tough upbringing when they complained about training being hard.
VIDEOS: Emmy Roundtable With Reality TV
A source on the show actually called Kournikova “a nightmare.” She would definitely not have been mistaken for a life coach.
STORY: Anna Kournikova Makes Debut as ‘Biggest Loser’ Trainer; Viewer Reaction Mixed
Kournikova and her reps did admit to THR that she is leaving the show after one season, and the tennis star issued this statement to us: “I enjoyed my time on the Biggest Loser ranch. Although I will not be returning as a full time trainer on season 13, I will always be a part of The Biggest Loser family and my commitment to bettering lives through health and fitness will continue.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day