- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Harvey Keitel, Jack Huston and Bobby Cannavale are also among the cast of Netflix’s gangster movie.
Based on Charles Brandt’s book I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank “The Irishman” Sheeran and the Inside Story of the Mafia, the Teamsters, and the Final Ride by Jimmy Hoffa, the film chronicles the exploits of Frank Sheeran, a high-ranking Teamsters official with ties to the Bufalino crime family. Shortly before his death in 2003, Sheeran confessed that he killed fellow Teamster leader Jimmy Hoffa, whose body has never been found. He also claimed that it was Hoffa who wanted John F. Kennedy killed.
Jane Rosenthal and Emma Tillinger Koskoff are producing. Steven Zaillian adapted the script.
Paquin will play Peggy, the daughter of Sheeran, who is being portrayed by De Niro.
Paquin — who won an Oscar for The Piano and an Emmy for True Blood — recently appeared in the CBC crime drama Bellevue and History’s Roots miniseries. Her upcoming projects include the Denis O’Hare drama The Parting Glass, as well as the Netflix series Alias Grace and the Amazon show Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams. She is represented by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day