- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ant-Man is on the move.
Disney is pushing up the release date of Marvel’s upcoming project from Nov. 6, 2015, to July 31, 2015.
Edgar Wright is directing the pic based on the Marvel comics character Henry Pym, a brilliant scientist who invents a way to change size. But when that experiment goes awry, he discovers a way to communicate with insects.
With the November release date, the superhero pic would have gone up against the next Bond film, which will see the return of director Sam Mendes and star Daniel Craig. Mendes’ previous Bond film, Skyfall, was a box office behemoth, bringing in more than $1 billion worldwide. Fox’s untitled Peanuts movie also opens on that date.
The new July 2015 date only has one other film slated for release — Peregrine’s Home for Peculiars.
It will be a crowded superhero summer. Marvel’s ensemble superhero sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, hits theaters earlier that summer, on May 1, 2015. Also, Warner Bros.’ currently untitled Superman and Batman pic starring Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck is scheduled to open on July 17, 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day